Is the basement of your house getting watery and moist? Then, you should take immediate steps to keep it dry and free from mold growth. Many of you don’t give that much importance to the basement, but continuous negligence can damage your entire property. Any leakage or mold growth can spread faster to other areas of your house and hamper your entire property evidently. So, waterproofing your basement is the best way to stay away from any property damage. For the best advice, you can call Catstrong LLC.
How To Understand That Your Basement Needs Waterproofing
Well, professionals can help you there. Still, if you want to keep a regular eye on the problem, you can try the following trick-
• Take a piece of aluminum foil of 1-foot-square and fix it to the inside of the walls of your basement. Keep it there for 24 hours.
• If you find condensation on the outside of the foil, that means the walls of your basement are highly humid. You should take immediate care by installing a portable dehumidifier to dry the walls.
• If you find condensation on the inside of the foil that means the soil is damp due to apoor drainage system or high water level. Here, you need waterproofing your basement soil as well as the walls to stop further damp and leakage.
• If the problem is at theinitial stage, you can go for interior waterproofing. But, if the disease has spread a lot, you may need exterior waterproofing which is costly than the previous method.
Things You Need To Consider Before Going For Water Proofing
Whether you are consulting a professional or do it by yourself, you need to make sure certain things primarily-
• Is there any earthly or mushy smell?
• Are there any cracks or leaks in the floor or anywhere at walls?
• Do you have any idea about the water level of your place?
Knowing these will help you to know what type of waterproofing you are going to need.
Simple Steps to Waterproof Your Basement
Are You Doing It By Yourself? Then, Follow These Steps To Do It The Best-
Use hydraulic cement to fill up all cracks, leaks, holes, etc. on the walls and on concrete floors.
• Now, apply a coat of mason cement on the inside wall of your basement.
• You need to attach flexible extensions so that water can be carried out.
• You can also dig atrenchbelow the downspouts through a PVC pipe of 4-inch diameter.
• Don’t forget to install a drywall and attach the PVC pipe to the well so that all excess rainwater stores here.
Types Of Waterproofing
1. Apply thick concrete coatings on the walls. When it gets dry, it seals all leaks and cracks and keeps your basement dry.
2. If you haven’t sealed your walls before waterproofing, go for silicate-based sealer or densifiers.
3. Acrylic wall paint is another solution to your wet basement problem.
All these ways are effective, and the main point is to keep your basement dry and fresh. Feel free to call Catstrong LLC. (512) 980-3392.for professional help!